Thursday, July 12, 2012

The beginning...

It all started last year when I achieved Gold status on American Airlines (AAdvantage program), Hilton (Hilton Hhonors program) and Platinum status with Priority Club (Intercontinental Hotels). The experience of traveling with some sort of Elite status while paying for economy class tickets or the inexpensive hotel room and getting upgrades is an amazing feeling!

A few months ago my husband got a message from Trip Advisor with a super offer:

Taca Airlines had what I can only call a "mistake fare" because for $ 238 - $ 242 you could get a round trip ticket from Los Angeles to Lima with 1 stop in El Salvador/Costa Rica. ** For those of you collecting miles Taca is partner with United Airlines but this fare will only get you 0.5 miles per mile flown (better some than none) **

My mom & I purchased tickets to go to Peru and visit the family this year. Then posted on my Facebook and some friends got tickets too. Promo only lasted 24 hours so those who waited too long were presented with $ 1K fares the next day :(

Since purchasing that fare I started thinking... Wow... If mistake fares like this really happen I wanna know about it. So I started searching the web for more information. Like always there is SOOOOOOOOOO much information out there it is hard to sort thru what is worth to YOU!

I work >40 hours a week and so far for this year I have all my vacations planned so "mistake fares" are not really what I will be looking for in the short term, so I have turned my interest to: Miles & Points. I have been investigating "Best & easiest ways to earn some points"
Now my loyalty as I mentioned above is with:
- Airline: American
- Hotels: Hilton and Intercontinental Hotels

Recently I realized my husband has some Delta Skymiles in his account so in order to keep current we will be looking for and posting some Delta offers as well. Marriott might be an interesting alternative if nothing is offered for Hilton and Holiday Inns.

Let's begin...

No comments:

Post a Comment